Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Lessons my Father taught me

 Lessons my Father taught me

 
As we approach Father’s Day, I am preoccupied with thoughts about the memory of my father. While Dad passed away over more than 40 years ago, not a day goes by that I do not actively think about the lessons I learned from him. 
 
Here are some of the lessons in no particular order – and if you knew my father you’d know it certainly is not a comprehensive list.
 
  • Always leave it better than you found it - make a difference
  • Treat others the way you want to be treated 
  • If you keep your mouth open long enough, something unfortunate will come out     
  • Do your best and, if you keep trying, you’ll be the best
  • Do the important things first … and the less important will take care of themselves
  •  Do what you know is right
  • Never ever give up
  • The Lord helps those who help themselves
  • Birds of a feather flock together
  • You are judged by the company you keep
  • There are no boring jobs, only boring people
  • Always do more than is expected
  • Never let a “wrong” go unaddressed
  • Learn something new every day
  • If you teach a person to fish, he’ll never be hungry
  • And the most important lesson: Most people see things as only black and white. The most successful people are able to see the myriad shades of gray.

Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment